Married at First Sight UK’s new spin-off series Second Marriage at First Sight is reportedly set to continue pre-production.

In a recent BBC Panorama investigation, two women said they were raped by partners they met on the main show, while a third described an allegation of a non-consensual sex act. They all said the show did not do enough to protect them.
Channel 4 announced on Monday that it had commissioned an external review last month into contributor welfare on the series following “very serious allegations of wrongdoing against a small number of past contributors”.
The broadcaster has also pulled all episodes of MAFS UK from its streaming and linear services in light of the allegations.
Now, the Daily Mail claims that upcoming spin-off Second Marriage at First Sight will continue in pre-production while the review is carried out.
The series, which was announced back in February, will see four singles from the UK and four from Australia return for a second chance at finding love.
An apparent source told the publication that “cameras will not be rolling until the review is complete and any of its recommendations are implemented”.
Radio Times has contacted Channel 4 for comment.

In a previous statement about the Married at First Sight allegations on Monday, Channel 4 said: “In April, Channel 4 was presented with serious allegations of wrongdoing against a small number of past contributors, allegations that we understand those contributors have denied.
“The channel is mindful of the privacy and continuing duty of care towards all contributors, and cannot comment on or disclose details of those allegations.
“Related to those allegations, Channel 4 was asked to respond to claims of failures in welfare protocols. Channel 4 believes that when concerns related to contributor welfare were raised through existing welfare and production protocols, prompt and appropriate action was taken, based on the information available at the time.
“Channel 4 strongly refutes any claim to the contrary.”
Elsewhere in its statement, Channel 4 said that MAFS UK is “produced under some of the most comprehensive and robust welfare protocols in the industry”, including background checks, a Code of Conduct, and “daily contributor check-ins with a specialist welfare team”.
Want to see this content?
This page contains content provided by Google reCAPTCHA. We ask for your permission before anything is loaded, as Google reCAPTCHA may use cookies and other technologies. To view this content, choose ‘Accept and continue’ to allow Google reCAPTCHA and its required purposes.
The synopsis for Second Marriage at First Sight reveals that the singles will return to the experiment with “open hearts to finding love again and open minds to consider uprooting their entire lives to the other side of the world”.
The synopsis continues: “The experiment begins again in the UK; each couple will navigate cultural clashes and old wounds before they head to Australia to meet friends and family on the other side of the world and face the ultimate decision: who will consider uprooting their life for love?
“Will the Brits tempt their partners to trade beach life for Blighty, or will love pull them towards a fresh start under sunnier skies? For these second-timers, there’s more at stake than ever before.
“These brides and grooms aren’t just risking their hearts again, they’re risking everything, their friendships, careers, and their homes, as one half of each couple takes a gamble on the possibility of a new life and new love on the other side of the world.”
Check out more of our Entertainment coverage or visit our TV Guide and Streaming Guide to find out what’s on. For more TV recommendations and reviews, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.

